Washington University in St. Louis was selected to host 2017 NCAA Division III First and Second Round action Friday-Saturday, March 3-4, at the WU Field House in St. Louis.
No. 24 Wheaton College (Ill.) and Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology will square off in a first round game Friday at 5:30 p.m., followed by No. 6 WashU and St. Norbert College at 7:30 p.m. The winners of Friday's games will meet Saturday at 7 p.m. for a berth into the Sectional Semifinals.
All three games will be broadcast live on the Bear Sports Network and live stats will also be available on the WashU Athletics website.
Ticket prices are $7 for adults and $5 for students, seniors and children. WashU undergraduate students with an ID will be admitted free. The box office will open each day one hour prior to tipoff each day.
• The Thunder have compiled a 23-4 record this season, the second-highest single-season win total in program history. Wheaton won both the CCIW championship (14-2) and the CCIW Tournament.
• Four Wheaton players were named to the All-CCIW Team last week: Kelly Lawson, Katie McDaniels, Devin Kyler and Chantal Meacham. McDaniels was named the CCIW's "Most Outstanding Player" for the second-consecutive year.
• Wheaton is making its 11th appearance in the NCAA Division III Women's Basketball Tournament.
• Rose-Hulman makes its first appearance in the NCAA Division III Women's Basketball Tournament after setting a school record with 24 wins this season.
• The Fightin' Engineers rank No. 3 in NCAA Division III Women's Basketball scoring defense (45.1 ppg) and No. 7 nationally in field goal percentage defense (31.1%).
• Four of Rose-Hulman's five starters are all-conference honorees. Ally Bromenschenkel was named first-team all-HCAC, with Abby Bromenschenkel, Alyzia Dilworth and Abbie Marshall named second-team.
ST. NORBERT NOTES
• St. Norbert head coach Connie Tilley is 672-291 in her 40 seasons. Tilley's 672 wins ranks seventh all-time for the most in NCAA Division III history.
• St. Norbert is making its 14th NCAA Tournament appearance and is 9-17 all-time in the tournament.
• St. Norbert enters the NCAA Division III Tournament ranked No. 9 nationally in scoring defense at 48.8 points per game.
• The Green Knights have allowed more than 58 points just twice this season and have yielded 50 points just three times in their last 15 games.
• Sophomore Madeline Homoly was awarded first-team all-UAA honors while senior Jenn Dynis and junior Natalie Orr picked up second-team honors. Senior Zoe Vernon was named as an honorable mention all-UAA member.
• The Bears ended the season on an 11-game winning streak to secure the 23rd UAA Championship in school history. WashU has recorded nine-straight 20-win seasons under head coach Nancy Fahey.
• WashU sports an NCAA record of 68-25 (.731), and have earned 28 straight appearances in the Tournament, including 10 Final Fours and five National Championships.