Building Community. Developing Champions. Impacting Lives.
To provide the nation’s foremost experience combining excellence in academics, athletics, and recreation.
• Inclusion – We actively include members of diverse social and cultural groups and we are intentional about upholding the dignity of all people so everyone can thrive and reach their full potential. We strive to create a safe, welcoming recreation and athletic community that allows every member of our campus family to enjoy a positive, respectful, and inspiring experience with our programs and facilities. We acknowledge that great benefit comes to all from embracing difference and building community through participation.
• Passion – We are wholeheartedly invested, sincere, and fervent as members of the Bear community.
• Leadership – We have a commitment to inspire, engage, value, and energize one another to grow and thrive through our shared experiences. We role model behavior that others want to emulate. Through leadership, we enhance the experience of the individual, the program, and the university.
• Competitive – We have an intense desire to be our best every day and we work to achieve this through our consistent pursuit of self-improvement.
• Wellness – We have an intense desire to be our best every day and we work to achieve this through our consistent pursuit of self-improvement.
• Integrity – Our decisions and actions are guided by honesty, and our collective principles, in a consistent manner.
• Respect – We have respect for ourselves and others; we share a feeling of deep appreciation for others because of their unique qualities, achievements, actions, and abilities.